Monday, March 24, 2008

My son and I

Two days back my cousin sister visited us with her husband. She is newly married..and her marriage was love cum arranged marriage..
After they went , my son asked me.. Is he a good guy ?
I said : Yes , ofcourse !!!
My son : Where is she living now?
I : In her husband's house..
My son : Did you also live in .....'s house (name not included ) when you got married to him ?
I : Yes..For some days..
Son : After that??
I : After that he left me..
Son : Why did he leave you ?
I : He does not want to live with me
Son : Why did he marry you if he does not like you ?
I : I dont know..
Son : Amma , I want a person..( He means he wants a father )..a good person..
I : Why do you need ?
Son : I need..( He does not know to explain the reason behind his need)
I : Okay,, Even I need a person who loves both of us
Son : Amma , did that person reply to your message ..
( He is referring to the message I sent to one profile in one matrimony website..We two together sit in front of matrimony site to find out if there are any prospective grooms..May be , the first of its kind..My son looks at the photo , his job ,his age and then we decide whether we can expresss our interest in that person..)
I : He did not ..Looks like he has read our message
Son : Amma ..I know why he has not replied
I : Why.?
Son : Amma , now you have 3 ,4 pimple marks on your face .
I : Oh..Is it :-) ?( I could not control my laughter ) Is that the reason ?? But this has come up recently only..It is not there in my photo posted in the website
Son : Oh..That is correct ..Then why he did not reply ?
I : Oh..Dont worry about it.. Let us wait for a person who likes both you and me..If we dont get forget about it..I am there for you..We will go for shopping ,outing , picnic..So we will have fun
Son : Amma, still....I need a person..
Okay..Let us wait and see..

6 comments:

Inji Pennu said...

:) how old is the son? With a lovely son like that, who will need another man?

reshma said...

There is this tiny scene from an old malayalam movie .The hero in the movie is a single mom:)with an adorable boy and it's time for a class photo with parents. Every kid stand cushioned between his or her parents holding their hands. Our little boy looks around stunned. Mom simply steps back behind him and takes both his hands in hers. i've forgotten the movie's names or the names and faces of all the actors. but the image of mom and kid holding hands as though a single entity remains. have fun with your precious one:)

രാജ് said...

Inji reminded me of my mother somehow. Reminded Mammachi of God of small things, and many other mothers who were separated, single, and torn.

Its a lovely post Rachana.

Rachana , Appu said...

Inji ,

I read your comments for both the blogs..Thanks..

Regarding your question on why I need another man , I will try to answer in few words though it is hard to restrict it to few words..Still I will try
*I want a shoulder to cry on ,
*want some one who can share some of my burden .sometimes it is so heavy that I tend to fall off
*some one who can at least tell me "I care for you" if not "you mean the world to me"
*someone who can take the role of the father of my kid because he has started longing for a father's affection..with whom he can have pillow fights

Take care..Bye..

A Cunning Linguist said...

its my privilege to comment on this blog (being one of the first few to comment on a sure-hit blog), came here through a shared list in Google reader...

its really "a BLOG" .... all the best for your future!!!

Anonymous said...

sneham