Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My travel to office in company bus

Yesterday when I got down from my company bus at my stop , the boy who opened the door said something in a hurry..I could hear only one thing "12 min before"..Before I could hear the full sentence the bus started. In fact the driver is new ,the boy also is new ..So they did not know that I have to get down at that place..So first I thought that they wanted me to tell them about my stop a couple of min before. But I recollected what the boy said "12 min" before..Suddenly it struck me. Has the company admin changed the bus timings ? I used to get into the bus from my stop at 8'0 clock. Is the bus going to arrive at my stop 12 min earlier ? Anyway I decided to go to the stop earlier .
So today I reached the bus stop at 7.45. I might have waited there for 1 min. Yes, there comes my bus. I got into the bus.
I asked the boy who was standing on the foot board "Why did you change the timings today?"
The boy said 'It is going to be like this everyday".
I : Oh is it ? But why ?
Boy : Admin has instructed us to reach the office by 8.15 am.
I : I looked at the lady sitting next to me and smiled ..( In fact , in that smile there were all other emotions other than the smile ). She also smiled at me. The lady sitting in the next seat smiled at both of us. What must have been there in that smile ? Same emotions as mine..Could not be anyway different..
I was cursing the company. The office timing is from 8.30 to 6 PM. But the bus starts only at 6.15 in the evening. So, with this we would be working from 8.15 to 6.15 ie 10 hours mandatorily we need to spend time there. I cursed myself for not learning driving even after having these many years of work experience. In fact , even the fresh engineers come by car. What a shame for a manager ?
In fact , it is not that I did not attempt learning. Ofcourse , 2 times I joined the driving school and donated some money also to them. But could not continue the classes for various reasons. A third attempt , ofcourse it is there in my mind..But , still time has not come..Dont know when.My mom even threatened me last year that if you are not learning driving , then I would go for it..
I could not curse the company and myself for too long , suddenly one song interrupted the curses and thoughts..Oh which is this song ? "Soldier , soldier , meetti bathem bolke dil mera chura le gaya..." How come this guy is playing this song ? Either they play new songs or very old songs in the bus..This one ,dont fall into those categories..Sometime back , this was one of the songs I used to sing when I climb up / down the stairs of my working women's hostel..Ofcourse not so nostalgic about the life in hostel..Was anyway not so good..But it reminded me one thing. When was the last time I sang 2 lines of a song of this kind ? No , it must have been years and years..The song was again hitting my ears .It did not want to leave me like that. What do these lines mean ? Some body stole my heart by sweet talk..Good.The song is all about "love". If there had not been an emotion called 'love' there would not have been these beautiful songs on love. Love is good if it is true , if it is unconditional , if it is real ..But is it there? Something started aching inside my heart ..Something started hitting my throat ? The me inside , the sensitive and dreamy me , want to cry .. Have I ever heard the voice of love ? No , never ..
I told me , stop these thoughts ..Suddenly the next song came to my rescue ..Oh nayyo , nayyo, nayyo.. The fast number from the same film , soldier. My legs and hands can never resist the temptation to move in rhythm to these fast numbers , be it years back or now..It was slowly changing my mood..But ofcourse I cant dance inside my bus..I was trying to recollect the steps of this song , Preeti Zinda and Bobby deol dancing to the tunes of this fast number. Finally I reisted the temptation to dance by gently tapping on my mobile to the tunes . Then came the next song..Must be from the same film. But I dont recollect. End of it , yes , the bus reached office.
Oh , the day begins at office . I need to put the tag on ( One thing I hate ..You know why ? It is a secret . First of all its colour has got faded . Ofcourse I can get another one. But this stupid blue tag dont suit the colour of most of my dresses . Chey , it does not look good then :-) ).
But the security wont let me in. So , I put on the tag. Yes , now I have that identity. I entered the building. Entered my wing. The swiping machine beeped as I swiped my card.I looked at the time.Oh it is 8.06 . We reached so fast to office..The day began..........
Was late to leave office..It was 7.45 pm when I left the office..

Feelings sleepy..Let me stop the nonsense here..

2 comments:

Inji Pennu said...

You remind me of those wonderful days, when I was on a lonely beach, under a shade, blogging my life out.... Now it is too crowded, people peeking into the notebook.

Your My son and I was an excellent post. Dont know whether you read the comments. Just thot of haunting you :)

Manu said...

Hi Madam, I used your site as a reference in one of my blogs without your permission. I hope you don't mind.

http://beyond-fear.blogspot.com/2010/05/who-said-it-cant-be-changed-and-what.html

I also thought you might like this blog of mine, about my mom driving a car.
http://beyond-fear.blogspot.com/2008/10/self-driving-car.html